deep beneath the grass and stone where it is dark and moist, the earth grows wild and free…root tendrils murmur and insects rustle in a secret world beneath our feet ~kat Magnetic Poetry – The Nature Kit
Daily Prompts – Words and Images
To participate in This Daily Prompt, simply a post on your own blog that responds to the prompt. It can be words, images, anything that you like. Put the link (listed below) in your post to create the automatic pingback. You can leave a link to your post in the comments if you wish.
Today’s Word: Responsible
Here is the URL link you can copy to your post:
- answerable or accountable, as for something within one’s power, control, or management (often followed by to or for):He is responsible to the president for his decisions.
- involving accountability or responsibility, as in having the power to control or manage:promoted to a responsible position in the firm.
- chargeable with being the author, cause, or occasion of something (usually followed by
View original post 75 more words
All the paint on the Eiffel Tower weighs the same as ten elephants. It gets repainted every seven years without closing to the public.
The Poodle is one of the cleanest breeds of dog, making them a great choice for people with pet allergies. They don’t moult much at all, and they rarely smell either.
YouTube’s “Dear Class of 2020” virtual graduation event — livestreamed on Sunday, June 7, over more than four hours — set a new record for the video service. The livestream featured commencement addresses from Barack Obama, Michelle Obama, BTS, Beyoncé, Lady Gaga and more, as well as performances by BTS, Katy Perry, Meghan Thee Stallion…
Instant Pot Blackberry Iced Tea
Tip: To reduce bitterness, add a pinch of baking soda prior to brewing and remove tea bags as soon as the pressure has been fully released.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes active (+ time to come to pressure)
Natural Release: 10 minutes
8 c. water
6 organic black tea bags, paper tags removed
1½ c. fresh blackberries, divided
2 T. fresh basil, chopped
½ c. honey, preferably local
½ c. water
2 T. fresh lemon juice
Fresh basil sprigs
- Add water, tea bags, and a half cup blackberries to Instant Pot® and stir to combine. Add lid and lock into place. Switch the vent to “Sealing” and set the “Manual” setting to 5 minutes.
- While the tea is brewing, add remaining blackberries, basil, honey, and water to saucepan set over medium heat. Cook, gently pressing on the blackberries to release their juices while continually stirring the mixture to combine, for 4-5 minutes. Once honey is completely melted and the mixture starts to thicken, remove from heat and set aside.
- When cook time on Instant Pot® is complete, allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then do a quick release to release any remaining pressure.
- Carefully strain hot tea mixture with a fine mesh strainer. Pour the reserved liquid into a large, heat-resistant pitcher and sweeten with the blackberry honey simple syrup, to taste. Add fresh lemon juice and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately over ice with fresh blackberries and a sprig of fresh basil for garnish. Enjoy!