List three things you can do this evening to nourish yous soul?
Answer the question above.
Link back from your blog or leave in the comment section below.
Write a poem or story using this picture. Link back to this post from your blog or leave in the comment section below.
The daily word prompt is Map
The daily word prompt can be used for a poem,story, photographs, art,recipe,song lyrics, letters,and you could even use it to tell us all a little more about yourself.
Link back to this post from your blog or leave in the comment section
Weekly Writing Challenge
Poetry and/or Flash Fiction
October 23rd 2017 | #112
(5) Words: | REACH | DEEP | SQUARE | FULL| PLAY |
*A brilliant idea has been brought to my attention regarding the (5) word prompt. Please feel free to substitute any of the words with a synonym.🎈 🎭 ✨
Haiku (5 – 7 – 5)
Tanka (5 – 7 – 5 – 7 – 7)
Shadorma (3 – 5 – 3 – 3 – 7 – 5)
6 lines – no rhymes – multiple stanzas [your choice] – just follow meter
Villanelle (19 line poem[no word limit]–2 repeating rhymes & 2 refrains)… Excellent example is Dylan Thomas’s “Do not go gentle into that good night”
Nonet (9 – 8 – 7 – 6 – 5 – 4 – 3 – 2 – 1) progression downward of syllables
Cinquain (2 – 4…
View original post 115 more words
- http://storitorigrace.blogspot.com/2017/10/so-your-character-is-hard-of-hearing.html Some things to consider.
- https://saraletourneauwriter.com/2017/10/19/cookbook-intro-wonderland/A Literary Afternoon Tea.
- https://legendsofwindemere.com/2017/10/19/ravens-dawn-part-19-horror-thriller-halloween/ A victim.
- https://colleenchesebro.com/2017/10/19/fairies-myths-magic-spooktacular-author-spotlight-guest-post-the-dawn-fangs-by-charles-e-yallowitz/ A different breed of vampire.
- http://storitorigrace.blogspot.com/2017/10/writing-lessons-from-music-videos.html How a music video relates a story.
- https://colleenchesebro.com/2017/10/21/epanalepsis-poetry-new-form/ What do you think?
- http://pitchwars.org/pitch-wars-team-interviews-erin-cotter-with-mentor-carlie-sorosiak-dana-edwards-dan-lollis-and-mentor-shanna-rogers-deborah-falaye-and-mentors-claribel-ortega-and-kat-cho/#more-38001 Pitch War mentees and mentors.
- http://www.adventuresinyapublishing.com/2017/10/nikki-katz-author-of-midnight-dance-on.html On writing the story within you in the midst of writing another.
- http://www.fromthemixedupfiles.com/2017/10/heart-middle-grade-adventure/ Unexpected adventure is at the heart of middle-grade.
- http://www.adventuresinyapublishing.com/2017/10/carrie-jones-author-of-enhanced-on.html On being a hero.
- http://www.fromthemixedupfiles.com/2017/10/interview-giveaway-janet-sumner-johnson/ Two best friends try to save one’s house from foreclosure.
- http://www.fromthemixedupfiles.com/2017/10/publisher-closes-door/ Some turns in the publishing path.
- http://www.superauthors.com/2017/10/happy-october.html New releases.
- http://romanceuniversity.org/2017/10/20/making-minor-characters-fresh-writing-advice-by-chris-eboch/ Don’t write stereotypical minor characters.
- http://www.rubyslipperedsisterhood.com/are-you-a-method-writer/ Do you have to connect to your characters before you write them?
- http://www.rubyslipperedsisterhood.com/where-are-they-now-class-of-2014/ The dreamweavers Golden Heart Finalists.
- http://romanceuniversity.org/2017/10/18/writing-emotionally-charged-books-and-scenes-by-heatherly-bell/ Using emotions to connect your readers.
- http://www.superauthors.com/2017/10/the-songs-of-falling-for-you.html Every author has their own way of getting into a story.
- http://novelrocket.com/2017/10/street-team-part-2.html/ More tips on street teams.
- http://novelrocket.com/2017/10/you-can-promote-your-book-anywhere.html/ Small towns can…
View original post 602 more words
Remember to come back and visit the comments section during the week for your fellow poets entries!
The Guidelines are simple.
- Take the two words and write a Haiku. I use Haiku in Englishas my style, which is 5 syllables for the first line, 7 for the second, and 5 for the third, but you can use what you like. The link above has links within it to articles about how to write Haibun, Tanka, and even a new form I created called Freku. You can also do the 3/5/3 form if you likeinstead of the 5/7/5 that I usually use. Write, share, and have fun. For syllable help visit HowManySyllables.com. (You would be surprised at how many syllables some words actually have.)
- The two words can be used as you…
View original post 392 more words
Write a new post in response to today’s one-word prompt. Not sure how to participate? Here are the steps to get started.