Here are today’s five thing to know about Nuts:
- Cashews are in the same plant family as poison ivy and poison sumac and their itchy oil is contained almost entirely in the shell of the nut.
- Pistachios get their green color from the same pigment (chlorophyll) that lights up your spinach, kale and other fabulous plant based foods.
- Walnuts enjoy a distinction like no other — they are the only nut that has omega-3 fatty acids.
- A 2008 study found that almonds (and specifically the fat in almonds) may play a role in increasing healthy bacteria in the gut.
- Brazil nuts are high in selenium, a mineral that has been found to be effective in the fight against prostate cancer.
Today’s Pinterest Board : Foodimentary
Today’s Food History
- 1843 Stephen Moulton Babcock was born. He developed a test to measure the fat content of milk, which which helped improve the…
View original post 45 more words