Today’s Taco Fact:
The word ‘taco‘ originated in the 18th century silver mines in Mexico. Back then, a taco was the paper used to wrap around gunpowder for small explosives.
Here are today’s five thing to know about Tacos:
- Founder, Glenn Bell, first opened the chain “Del Tacos,” a hot dog and taco franchise.
- He was the first to fry his taco shells in advance. Before then, they were fried on demand.
- They were the first fast food chain to have move tie-in promotions.
- In 1962, a tacos only cost 19 cents.
- Even though the 1990 Chihuahua was an advertising phenomenon, taco sales actually went down during that period.
More Fun Facts:
Taco Bell has tried to enter the Mexican market twice, failing both times, even after branding their food “American” food.
Today’s Pinterest Board :
View original post 150 more words