Source: How to Analyze Poetry
Despite an overwhelming desire to help, Carrie couldn’t do anything, as the situation quickly became overwhelming for her and it took everything she had not to cry and walk away.
Here are the prompt rules:
Make a sentence with the word of the week. Leave it as just a sentence or write a post to go with it.
Try to do it on Tuesday.
Include the hashtag #tuesdayuseitinasentence.
Post it on Twitter and/or Facebook (if you have a public site) and/or Pinterest and/or WordPress and/or any other social media site you belong to.
Participate as many times as you’d like. You can write a different sentence for each platform, but please keep it to one sentence per post.
I will be trolling Twitter for the hashtag, so watch my Twitter feed in the sidebar for retweets. Make sure to connect on Twitter with other participants!
If you post…
View original post 91 more words
- Milkshakes got their name from being served in bars. If the customer enjoyed the milkshake, he shook hands with the bartender. If not, the bartender didn’t get a tip.
- Malted milk powder was invented in 1897 by James and William Horlick, but it was Ivar Coulson, a soda jerk for a Walgreen’s drug store, who first added it to milkshakes in 1922. This created the malted milkshake or just plain “malt.”
- Steven Poplawski invented the electric blender in 1922 just for milkshakes. Before that, the effort of shaking them up must have required a lot of upper body motion.
- It’d take 3,200,000 average-sized milkshakes to fill up an Olympic-sized pool. How fast do you think Michael Phelps could swim in that?
- Australians can still buy traditional milkshakes in “milk bars,” which are much like old-fashioned drugstores with counter service. They’re usually served still in the steel cup, but may be…
View original post 139 more words
- http://www.fantasybookcafe.com/2017/09/the-leaning-pile-of-books-296/ Prisoners of a war they barely remember, Fremont’s children must find a way to survive or a way to escape.
- http://www.fantasyliterature.com/reviews/snowspelled/ Fun, light read.
- http://www.parajunkee.com/blog/2017/09/05/modern-girl-becomes-12th-century-robin-hood-no-good-deed-kara-connolly/ A female time-traveler becomes Robin Hood.
- https://teripolen.com/2017/09/07/welcome-indie-author-katie-polen-newrelease-fantasy-indieauthor-kpolen_author/ Is Zeus really her father? Has her mother really stolen a precious artifact? She needs answers and fast.
- http://terribleminds.com/ramble/2017/09/07/michael-j-martinez-how-to-write-while-the-world-burns/ X-Men meets Mission Impossible.
- https://coldhandboyack.wordpress.com/2017/09/07/review-panama-by-c-s-boyack/ Strange phenomenon at the Panama Canal.
- http://www.talesoftheravenousreader.com/2017/09/going-on-quest-how-games-inspired-meg.html Like games? Want to read one?
- http://storitorigrace.blogspot.com/2017/09/a-book-review-of-cress-by-marissa-meyer.html Book Three of The Lunar Chronicles.
- http://www.fromthemixedupfiles.com/2017/09/emergency-post-fall-nonfiction-great-titles/ Looking for some non-fiction?
- https://rebeccahowiebooks.wordpress.com/2017/09/07/review-fangirl-by-rainbow-rowell/ Can Cath deal with reality?
- https://donmassenzio.wordpress.com/2017/09/08/new-childrens-book-coming-from-jemsbooks/ Jerry the Crabby Crawfish.
- https://princessofthelight.wordpress.com/2017/09/08/friday-book-round-up-congratulates-captainunderpants-on-its-20th-anniversary-books-kidlit/ George and Harry have created the greatest superheroes in the history of their elementary school.
- https://princessofthelight.wordpress.com/2017/09/07/to-save-to-guard-to-heal-more-than-human-box-set-by-libraryoferana-fantasy-sff-books/ 11 Author e-book set.
- https://teripolen.com/2017/09/06/mask-of-shadows-by-linsey-miller-bookreview-fantasy-ya/ I needed to live. They needed to die.
- https://litworldinterviews.com/2017/09/05/a-taste-for-love-bookreview/ A fun to read beach read.
- https://princessofthelight.wordpress.com/2017/09/08/the-du-lac-princess-by-maryanneyarde-cover-reveal-historicalfantasy-fridayreads/ Book Three of the Du Lac Chronicles.
- https://smorgasbordinvitation.wordpress.com/2017/09/08/writer-in-residence-paul-andruss-my-review-for-thomas-the-rhymer-and-free-downloads/ A…
View original post 147 more words
A rare site when the bridge is empty. However, hurricane Irma was nearby so that might have helped.
Proposals and weddings are common here, we have shot proposals here.
This bridge has been around for many years, and many hurricanes. If it was damaged in the storm any repairs will be fairly quick. It’s an institution in Charleston.
My family lives breakfast for dinner every once in a while. I like breakfasts for dinner because they tend to be super easy and everyone loves it! These sliders are a take off on several other sliders I have made including Meatball sliders, Reuben sliders (one of my most popular recipes to date), and of course the original slider sandwich recipe.
These were a hit just as I expected. The hardest part? Scrambling 10 eggs. My daughter put these together in about 15 minutes. The strangest part to her was the topping for the rolls but once I convinced her to try it she was so glad she did. It gives the rolls even more flavor than you expect them to have.
Tip: When scrambling the eggs try not to break them up into small pieces as you normally do when cooking them. You want nice, large, fluffy chunks…
View original post 5 more words
Guess what? It’s getting noticeably cooler here in Virginia, which means it’s just about roasting weather. I love making roast dishes once the temperatures dip, because it’s an easy (and aromatic) way to warm up the kitchen during chilly weather. In truth, I developed this dish a few months ago, when I was working on a particular chapter for my upcoming cookbook, but decided to hold off on sharing this recipe until we had appropriate weather.
Roasting duck can be daunting. I know this because I spent the first 30 years of my life not roasting any ducks, because it seemed like an intimidating bird to cook (although to be fair, I wasn’t roasting much of anything during the first 16 years of my life). Turns out roasting duck is in many ways more appealing than roasting chicken, because a) the whole duck could basically be classified as “dark meat”…
View original post 306 more words
This was a quick snap shot with many of the settings completely wrong. I like the plant, so I darkened the edges and hoped for the best.
I’m sure a hundred people have told me what type of flower this is… it doesn’t stick, and now I don’t even try. Flower works just fine.
This Egg less, Wheat flour short breads are amazing in taste. Melt in mouth, soft , delicious and a perfect Tea-time partner.. Kids will love this healthy cookies with milk or even in snack box.
Wheat Custard Cookies
Share this cookies with your friends as a token of love in upcoming festival season…
When my little one back from school , she loves to munch something or other. In stead of offering daily fried snacks , I feel this cookies are good option. One can check other delicious cookies recipes, which I already posted on blog …Wheat coconut cookies,Wheat Cumin Cookies,Choco Vanilla Cookies, Jam Filled Star Cookies,Wheat flour Nan Khatai,Wheat Almond Cookies, TuttiFutti Nut Cookies….
Here , I will show how to make cookies in pressure cooker. But one can bake easily in microwave too. Preheat the microwave…
View original post 311 more words