If you’re hitting the treadmill every day and are not seeing the numbers you want on the scale, then you are not alone! Plenty of people exercise regularly and yet they still cannot seem to shed the pounds. There could be a couple of reasons for this. True, a person could have a genetic issue – there are a variety of genetic issues that can make harder for a person to shed fat – but these genetic conditions are rare and it is far more likely that it is an issue with your diet or exercise, so let’s explore some of these issues a bit more in-depth.
1) You’re doing the wrong kind of exercise
Sure, you may be exercising regularly, but are you doing the right kind of exercise? While cardio is an important part of any good exercise regimen, cardio alone is not really the best way to go about burning fat. High-intensity interval training is probably the best way for people to burn fat. If you aren’t familiar with high-intensity interval training, it’s an exercise regimen wherein a person alternates between high-intensity exercises (like sprinting or squatting) for a small period of time and then switches to a lighter exercise for a small period, and then continues switching until the 15-minute session is over.
2) You aren’t cutting enough calories out of your diet
When you really break it down, losing fat is a simple process of calories in, calories out. The problem comes when people try to figure out just exactly how many calories they need to cut. You need to be careful when cutting calories. If you do not cut enough, you will not end up shedding enough fat, but if you cut too much, then you will not have enough energy to exercise regularly! Generally, you should aim to burn about 500 more calories than you consume each day. If you haven’t already gotten one of the many calorie tracking apps out there, you should get one immediately.
3) You’re not getting enough sleep
This may seem like an odd reason to be retaining fat, but believe it or not, sleep deprivation can really set back your weight loss efforts. There are two reasons for this. First off, sleep deprivation causes issues with the two hormones in your body that are responsible for controlling hunger (they are called ghrelin and leptin), which means you will be hungrier than you normally would be. Secondly, sleep deprivation causes your body to store more fat than it would under normal circumstances.
The truth is, sometimes you can be doing everything “right” and still struggle to see results. Remember, give it time! And don’t forget that you may actually be gaining pounds on the scale thanks to muscle, not fat!
- http://storitorigrace.blogspot.com/2017/06/beauty-and-beast-1991-versus-beauty-and.html Is Beauty and the Beast the best fairytale? I still love Sleeping Beauty.
- https://legendsofwindemere.com/2017/06/14/thriving-thursdays-danger-guest-post-by-teagan-riordain-geneviene/ Greatest danger.
- https://saraletourneauwriter.com/2017/06/15/lightening-the-load/ Do you use Springtime to declutter?
- https://fantasyhandbook.wordpress.com/2017/06/13/as-henry-miller-commands-part-3-dont-be-nervous/ Break the project into pieces.
- http://www.fromthemixedupfiles.com/2017/06/free-middle-grade-books-happy-mufiversary-part-2/ Nominate your MG school.
- http://yatopia.blogspot.com/2017/06/current-writing-status.html What are you working on?
- http://scbwimithemitten.blogspot.com/2017/06/michigan-kidlit-advocates-cynthia.html Helping our kids get the most out of reading.
- http://www.adventuresinyapublishing.com/2017/06/cora-carmack-author-of-roar-on-writing.html Write what scares you.
- http://www.adventuresinyapublishing.com/2017/06/julie-eshbaugh-author-of-obsidian-and.html Trust your instinct.
- http://romanceuniversity.org/2017/06/14/romance-writers-of-america-national-conference-by-pat-haggerty/ Are you attending RWA? List of the next four conferences.
- http://www.rubyslipperedsisterhood.com/meet-heather-leonard/ Mix Stephanie Plum with Harry Dresden and give a southern twist and you have Hazel Matthews.
- http://mfrw.blogspot.com/2017/06/can-you-tweet-then-you-can-retweet-with.html Marketing for Romance Writers this month Invite.
- http://romanceuniversity.org/2017/06/12/saving-grace-on-xenia-hospitality-laws-and-the-cats-that-need-saving-by-damon-suede/ Do our characters have to be likeable?
- https://stevelaube.com/glass-half-empty/ What’s your pov? I try and stay optimistic. Maybe it’s not realistic, but I’d rather keep a good attitude than a bad one.
- http://www.novelrocket.com/2017/06/5-tips-for-writing-emotional-scene.html Word choice is everything.
- http://www.booksandsuch.com/blog/7-keys-planning-career-path/ Make every decision in the…
View original post 485 more words
Source: Travel theme: Seeds
As things wind down to the end of the month we are all hoping that life will finally slow to a dull roar. We have Irish Fest next weekend and then just our usual summer business. We are all hoping for some rejuvenating rest before gearing up for the heart of summer.
My daughter has been in physical therapy (PT) now for the last four weeks. After St. Patrick’s Day she had another flare up of her tendonitis in both ankles. Normally the doctors and therapists just tell her to stop dancing for a while, give her a few ankle exercises, and tell her to rest and ice as much as possible. We finally said no to all of them. That is not the answer. She can rest her ankles but as soon as she starts dancing again all the pain and swelling comes back. Well, she finally learned that…
View original post 277 more words