The man in the blue suit jolt the door to the house across the street.
New bloggers and seasoned bloggers alike have similar questions when it comes to doing their best work on their websites. What’s the right way to do this? How do I grow my audience? How do I increase engagement? How do I know I’m not somehow messing all this up?
There are the typical blogging rules all bloggers know to follow: write well, insert as much media as possible, use keywords, etc., etc.
But what about the rules not everyone talks about — the “unwritten rules”?
So I’m going to write down these unwritten rules for you, because I’m a writer and that’s what I do. My approach to blogging comes from over 8 years of typing words and hitting publish and still not always knowing exactly what people want from me — but I love every minute of it, and any wisdom I do have from all my years of…
View original post 794 more words
Weekly Writing Challenge
Poetry and/or Flash Fiction
Apr 17th – #85
(5) Words: | SCORE | SLEEP | FREE | CALM | ESCAPE |
*A brilliant idea has been brought to my attention regarding the (5) word prompt. Please feel free to substitute any of the words with a synonym.🎈 🎭 ✨
Haiku (5 – 7 – 5)
Tanka (5 – 7 – 5 – 7 – 7)
Shadorma (3 – 5 – 3 – 3 – 7 – 5)
6 lines – no rhymes – multiple stanzas [your choice] – just follow meter
Villanelle (19 line poem[no word limit]–2 repeating rhymes & 2 refrains)… Excellent example is Dylan Thomas’s “Do not go gentle into that good night”
Nonet (9 – 8 – 7 – 6 – 5 – 4 – 3 – 2 – 1) progression downward of syllables
Cinquain (2 – 4…
View original post 114 more words
- http://www.fantasybookcafe.com/2017/04/women-in-sff-month-week-2-schedule-and-week-1-summary/ Some posts you may have missed. Sarah Ash. Rin Chupeco, Cassandra Rose Clarke.
- http://storitorigrace.blogspot.com/2017/04/now-im-24.html Turning points.
- https://legendsofwindemere.com/2017/04/13/the-voices-that-never-fade/ Grabbing hold of ideas when small ones are around.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBRykKK8Q4Q&feature=em-subs_digest Are you asking the right question of your characters? Another great episode from Ingrid’s Notes!
- http://www.fromthemixedupfiles.com/2017/04/environmental-issues-harry-potter-do/ How to dress up Earth Day.
- http://avajae.blogspot.com/2017/04/so-you-just-got-agentnow-what.html What to do when the new wears off.
- http://www.brenda-drake.com/2017/04/pitch-wars-success-story-tobey-forney-mentor-laura-heffernan/ Cutting manuscript and adding a character.
- http://www.fromthemixedupfiles.com/2017/04/spies/ Spies in MG.
- http://www.superauthors.com/2017/04/question-of-month-what-are-you-looking.html What do you like most about Spring? The beauty in the surroundings.
- http://www.novelrocket.com/2017/04/3-tips-to-write-novel-experience.html Write what you DON’T know. It makes things more interesting.
- https://stevelaube.com/point-agent-interested-indie-author/ What it takes to get an agent interested in an Indie’s career.
- http://www.novelrocket.com/2017/04/5-reasons-to-tell-instead-of-show.html Story is king.
- https://stevelaube.com/the-danger-of-discouragement/ Keep your faith.
- https://writerofftheleash.blogspot.com/2017/04/national-library-week.html Visit your library!
- https://awriterofhistory.com/2017/04/09/vimy-ridge-april-9-1917-battle-nears-the-end/ What happened.
- http://englishhistoryauthors.blogspot.com/2017/04/editors-weekly-round-up-april-9-2017.html History of the printing press. Robin Hood. And a battle forgotten.
- https://awriterofhistory.com/2017/04/13/successful-historical-fiction-maggie-scott/ The best ones blend history…
View original post 554 more words
Remember to come back and visit the comments section during the week for your fellow poets entries!
The Guidelines are simple.
- Take the two words and write a Haiku. I use Haiku in Englishas my style, which is 5 syllables for the first line, 7 for the second, and 5 for the third, but you can use what you like. The link above has links within it to articles about how to write Haibun, Tanka, and even a new form I created called Freku. You can also do the 3/5/3 form if you likeinstead of the 5/7/5 that I usually use. Write, share, and have fun. For syllable help visit HowManySyllables.com. (You would be surprised at how many syllables some words actually have.)
- The two words can be used as you…
View original post 397 more words
“ If you could pass a law right now, what would it be, and why?”
Please link this post to your question answer or add your link in the comments below for others to read/view.
I hope you enjoy my question challenge series, which I hope will inspire your writings. :)Teresa