Write a poem or story using this picture. Link back to this post from your blog or leave in the comment section below.
The daily word prompt is Deficit
The daily word prompt can be used for a poem,story, photographs, art, song lyrics, letters,and you could even use it to tell us all a little more about yourself.
Link back from your blog or leave in the comment section below.
Remember to come back and visit the comments section during the week for your fellow poets entries!
The Guidelines are simple.
- Take the two words and write a Haiku. I use Haiku in Englishas my style, which is 5 syllables for the first line, 7 for the second, and 5 for the third, but you can use what you like. The link above has links within it to articles about how to write Haibun, Tanka, and even a new form I created called Freku. You can also do the 3/5/3 form if you likeinstead of the 5/7/5 that I usually use. Write, share, and have fun. For syllable help visit HowManySyllables.com. (You would be surprised at how many syllables some words actually have.)
- The two words can be used as you…
View original post 397 more words
This week’s photo prompt is provided by Yarnspinner.
Guide for Flash Fiction for Aspiring Writers
1. A prompt photo will be provided each Tuesday to be used as a base to your story. Please include photo prompt with your story.
2. Linking for this challenge begins on Tuesday and runs to the following Monday evening.
3. Please credit photo to photographer.
4. The story word limit is 100 – 150 words (+ – 25 words). Please try to stay within this limit.
The thing had to have come from here, according to Becky, and what better place to birth a monster? The lingering scent of smoke filled his nostrils, fire out but not forgotten.
Did he believe in monsters? No, not really. All the monsters he’d ever feared had been childhood monstosities under his bed or inside his closet.
Did he want to be here?…
View original post 97 more words
Here’s another one on great writers.
Have you found your style?
I’ll confess right up front, I’ve struggled with voice and style since I began writing. Writing as myself, sounding like me and hoping people enjoy it seems at odds. After all, my mind is a mystery to myself, so how in the world could I expect anyone else to understand my thoughts.
Forgive the rambling. Sometimes I get carried away.
Now back to writing with style.
In this article, Eli James lists seven things to help a writer zero in on their style.
Here are my thoughts:
- Find a subject you care about
- Now I care about…
View original post 267 more words
Weekly Writing Challenge
Poetry and/or Flash Fiction
Apr 10th – #84
(5) Words: | RANT | CLEAR | PERFORM | DOWN | DIRT |
*A brilliant idea has been brought to my attention regarding the (5) word prompt. Please feel free to substitute any of the words with a synonym.🎈 🎭 ✨
Haiku (5 – 7 – 5)
Tanka (5 – 7 – 5 – 7 – 7)
Shadorma (3 – 5 – 3 – 3 – 7 – 5)
6 lines – no rhymes – multiple stanzas [your choice] – just follow meter
Villanelle (19 line poem[no word limit]–2 repeating rhymes & 2 refrains)… Excellent example is Dylan Thomas’s “Do not go gentle into that good night”
Nonet (9 – 8 – 7 – 6 – 5 – 4 – 3 – 2 – 1) progression downward of syllables
Cinquain (2 – 4…
View original post 114 more words
- http://www.fantasybookcafe.com/2017/04/announcing-women-in-sff-month-2017-week-1-schedule/ Guests this week include Rin Chupeco, T. Frohock, Reney, Sarah Ash, and Cassandra Rose Clarke.
- https://ultimatefantasywritersguide.com/v2st/ Why you might fail in writing your book.
- http://www.magicalwords.net/roundup/magical-words-link-roundup-4-3-2017/ What do you think about the pressure to write fast? Regardless if your traditional or Indie?
- https://fantasyhandbook.wordpress.com/2017/04/04/in-search-of-self-discipline/ Do you set yourself to a certain number of words each day? I’m more likely to try for half a chapter, sometimes a whole one or more if the flows good. I tried pages a day, I had increased to seven with a goal of ten but never reached it. I’m more comfortable with the approach I do now. Sometimes even just getting down a sentence is progress.
- http://www.fantasybookcafe.com/2017/04/women-in-sff-month-cassandra-rose-clarke/ Author of Star’s End on trying to find girl’s books that were full of action.
- https://legendsofwindemere.com/2017/04/06/luke-delvin-timoran-dariana-friends-and-family-in-arms/ Getting to know some characters.
View original post 500 more words
4. Penny Gush ((n.) Exaggerated stories or tales)
8. Mutable ((adj.) subject to change, fickle)
11. Occhiolism ((n.) the awareness of the smallness of your perspective, by which you couldn’t possibly draw any meaningful conclusions at all, about the world or the past or the complexities of culture, because although your life is an epic and unrepeatable anecdote, it still only has a sample size of one, and may end up being the control for a much wilder experiment happening in the next room.)
Use at least 10 of the words to create a story or poem
The words can appear in an alternate form
Use the words in any order that you like.
Tag: Mindlovemisery’s Menagerie and Wordle
Ping or leave your link in the comments below
Add your link…
View original post 3 more words