Traveling with toddlers can be torture.
New sights and sounds can be overwhelming to a young child and vacation excitement can quickly turn into temper tantrums if you’re not prepared.
Here are 10 parent-practiced tips to help make traveling with toddlers fun.
1. Choose a family-friendly destination. Skip the crowded tourist destinations and opt instead for a locale that is accustomed to having kids around.
2. Safety first! Always make sure your child’s car seat is properly secured. Also, use a removable window shade to help block the sun.
3. Pack entertainment. “Best bets for entertaining your child in the car and hotel room include favorite books, games and toys,” says Nancy Wolpert of Nickelodeon Home Entertainment. For all-inclusive entertainment, she recommends two new DVDs that feature a collection of kids’ favorite TV shows. “The Nick Picks and Nick Jr. Favorites DVDs will keep them entertained for hours,” Wolpert promises.
4. Plan rest stops. If you’re driving, break up the monotony by stopping every couple of hours (or more frequently if necessary). Kids need to stretch out after being cooped up in a car for a while. Consider bringing along a ball to kick or throw around during these breaks.
5. Be flexible. Set realistic expectations and let your child soak up the experience at his or her own pace. You might want to limit your activities to one a day. Otherwise, you could wind up with an over-stimulated toddler.
6. Bring water and plenty of snacks. Fruit, granola bars, mini juice cartons and small boxes of cereal make for great, healthy snacks.
7. Bring a beloved item. A blankie or cuddly toy will help your toddler feel safe and secure. Be sure to have a replacement on hand, too. It will save you some heartache should the original get lost.
8. Start and end your day early. Kids are at their best in the morning, so plan accordingly.
9. Stick to your routine. Eating, napping and playing at the same time each day may be all your child needs to feel comfortable in a new environment.
10. Take lots of pictures. They’re only young once, so enjoy every moment!
The one dream that parents in America have, is to take their children for a trip to the Disney World in Florida. The vacation at times proves very difficult on the parents as they need to save through the year to be able to spend on the trip to the resort and then there are the expenses during the stay that need to be calculated as well. But they are willing to go to any lengths, so they can show their children the joys offered within the walls of the Castle like Disney World.
The cheapest Disney World vacations are about cutting corners and pinching pennies, which is what parents become experts in by the time they are ready to pack and leave for the fun rides. There are some points to be kept in mind so one can make the most of their cheapest Disney World vacations and yet have a good time.
Decide on what your budget is – It is important to plan ahead of time as to how much money you can afford to spend on your holiday and work towards it. Once you have determined this figure, you can plan your trip around the same. It does not make sense to go over board during your trip using your credit card and then come back to a pile of debt. Allocate funds to different aspects of the trip, so you can cover all the basics and use the leftover for the occasional splurging.
While booking flights, check for those offers and don’t wait for the last minute to book your tickets. Or if Orlando is only a couple of hours away, see if you can take your SUV and drive it down, this way you save flight tickets and have a vehicle to go around Disney World.
Accommodation and food – A major part of our cheapest Disney World vacations is where to stay and how much the various options cost. If you are not very particular about the place, you can stay at a private home or cottage, which is very comfortable and cozy. This way, you can save money but keep in mind the cost incurred going to and from to the Disney World theme parks. Book your stay well in advance to get the early bird offers and various discounts that come up.
Since most of those who want an affordable and stress free Walt Disney World vacation and a visit to the various theme parks, especially to Magic Kingdom and The Tree Of Life, you need to allot at least 4 days. This means, that much more expenditure on your place of stay and food, and requires immense amount of self control to not give into those temptations at the park. Make sure to have food brought in from home or cooked at the cottage you are staying in to save money. If by taking a bit of extra effort, you can provide your children with a chance to enjoy the rides and the adventures, then why not?
Hushed Puppy Hot Dogs Hush puppies are a staple at fish fries all over the South, y’all, and for good reason—the little balls of fried cornmeal batter are
Pilates is a highly detailed pilates,and scientific system of exercise. You should strive to learn from a Pilates teacher who genuinely understands the program and who effectively communicates with students. This is crucial because you certainly need to learn the basics well. You would not be able to attain the benefits from Pilates if you would not be able to learn doing the methods correctly.
Needless to say, there is an importance in choosing a highly qualified and competent Pilates instructor. Most Pilates studios make sure their teachers are qualified and are effective. However, there would surely be cases wherein a qualified and well-seasoned instructor may not be effective in handling beginners. You might not like the teaching style of a teacher.
So how could you choose the best Pilates instructors around? It would be helpful if you would checkout the following checklist. Make sure you evaluate the instructor very well before, during, and after the class. You have found a good Pilates teacher if you answer ‘yes’ to all or most of the following.
1. Is the instructor a duly certified Pilates teacher? Before you enlist in a class, you have the right to check the credentials and the certifications of the instructor. If he/she has one, make sure the certification program is full and is credible. Take note that Pilates is an in-depth exercise system. Appropriate certifications should be required in instructors.
2. Does the teacher greet the class before the session? It would help if the instructor has a positive and pleasant personality. Every Pilates class should be treated like an actual customer-service transaction. S/He should be approachable enough so you would not hesitate to ask questions.
3. Are the instructions clear? It is important that the teacher give out clear and non-confusing directions and instructions. In any way, you should learn the proper way of doing things.
4. Is the instructor giving closer attention to students? Are you attaining individual attention? A good Pilates teacher cares about his students. He should make sure everyone is doing movements correctly. Thus, during the session, he should get attention of students who are doing the movements wrongly.
5. Is the instructor confident, professional, and knowledgeable? You surely would not want to be under a teacher who lacks self esteem and who is unsure about what he is doing. He should be able to explain points and answer every important and relevant question from anyone in the class.
6. Have you enjoyed the Pilates class? If you did, you would certainly notice that you feel good after the session. It is important that you enjoy the class.
7. Do you have rapport with the instructor? If you do, that teacher surely also has good links with the others. There should be no communication problem during the session.
8. Do you feel motivated overall by the instructor? You should. A teacher who fails to motivate his class should not be teaching Pilates at all. It is important that an instructor be able to convince the class to do well and keep on going.
Doctors often remind their patients to come in once a year to undergo a cholesterol test. Many of us just smile and nod, while some do intend to have the test done yearly. But most people either forget or purposely don’t go because they don’t see what the big deal is about having their cholesterol levels checked.
So why is this test so important? The simple answer is because it can help you prevent heart attacks, strokes and other cardiovascular problems. It can let you know whether or not you need to make changes to your current lifestyle so that you can be healthier in YOUR future.
One of the reasons people give for not undergoing a cholesterol screening test is because of the inconvenience of having to go to the doctor or hospital to have it done. Today however, you can actually perform the test right in your own home, thanks to the handy cholesterol testing kits that are now available in pharmacies everywhere.
These home cholesterol test kits are not expensive either, so it won’t be a huge financial burden to get each member of your family checked once a year. They are also very easy to use and you don’t need to have any medical background at all in order to perform the test. These test kits have been thoroughly tested and are quite reliable, providing highly accurate results.
Another way of doing the cholesterol test at home is to visit websites of pathology laboratories that take samples and send the results back to you. Basically, what you have to do is take some of your blood and put it in a sealed container that they provide and then mail the sample to them along with a stamped self-addressed envelope. They will run the tests in their laboratory and send the detailed results back to you in a day or two. This method is certainly more convenient as it is not as time-consuming as a visit to the doctor.
Now that these handy testing methods are available, there is no longer any reason for you to put off cholesterol screening indefinitely. As you keep postponing your testing, your cholesterol levels may be rising beyond the healthy range and you may already be in serious trouble without even realizing it. Ignoring a potential health problem will not make it go away and will probably lead to bigger problems in the future.
Unfortunate consequences of our modern lifestyle for many people are the accompanying lifestyle diseases such as type 2 diabetes and heart disease. Corresponding advancements in medical technology are making options such as these home test kits available to the greater community. So the least we can do is take advantage of this technology when it benefits us!
Home testing kits for cholesterol have actually been available since the early 1990s but it is only now that people are really starting to take advantage of this device to improve their health. Don’t be the last to try it – get tested now. Once you have the results you can make informed decisions regarding your health and future. Don’t ignore possible problems. Accept responsibility for your own health and do what is necessary to maintain and hopefully improve it.
Many people do not understand the difference between hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia. Hyper means high and hypo means low. So hyperglycemia is too high a blood sugar level and hypoglycemia is too low a blood sugar level. Our blood sugar levels fluctuate depending on our actions, thoughts or even our environment.
A healthy body releases hormones in response to changing blood sugar levels to most effectively utilize the sugar and to maintain a healthy blood sugar balance. For various reasons some individuals’ systems lack the ability to release the correct hormones or to respond effectively to them. These inabilities result in either hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia.
Having high levels of blood glucose is an indication that your body is not producing enough insulin or is insulin-resistant. There can be different causes of hyperglycemia including stress, and lack of exercise. Hyperglycemia can also occur if you have Type 1 Diabetes and miss taking any of your diabetes medications.
However the most common cause is eating more carbohydrate-rich foods than the body can handle. There are also cases when a person experiences hyperglycemia as one of the side effects to some other pills that you are taking. This is why it is very important to consult your doctor first before taking any other drugs.
If you notice yourself feeling too tired and thirsty, feeling sick to your stomach, urinating more often and having blurry vision then it is possible that your blood glucose has exceeded safe levels. You must consult your health care provider and describe the symptoms. Simple tests can be done and necessary changes to your meal plans and diabetes medicines can be made.
If your blood glucose falls below 70 mg/dl, you are considered hypoglycemic and your blood glucose levels are too low. In some cases hypoglycemia may pose serious health consequences, immediately and in the longer term. If your blood sugar levels drop too quickly immediate medical attention may be required as it can lead to convulsions and unconsciousness.
Some causes of hypoglycemia can include skipping or delaying meals, not eating enough carbohydrate-rich foods, prolonged physical exertion and excessive alcohol drinking. Medications for other health problems may also provide side effects that lead to lowered levels of blood glucose.
Symptoms of low blood glucose levels are feelings of anxiousness, irritability, tiredness, numbness around the mouth, slurred speech, feeling shaky, weak and hungry. You may also experience profuse sweating and headaches. If you experience any, or especially a combination of these symptoms, it would be wise to have your health care professional do an assessment.
Keeping Balanced Blood Glucose Levels
If you have reason for concern, regular monitoring of your blood glucose levels can assist a pattern of healthy lifestyle choices. Inexpensive testers are available at pharmacies or online. Exercising on a regular basis can help improve your body’s ability to respond to insulin. Eating healthy meals at appropriate times will greatly assist in maintaining a correct blood sugar balance. If any medications you are taking effects your levels bring it to your doctor’s attention.
Your body is designed to regulate your blood sugar levels. Actions you take will either assist or impede your body in achieving this. Although medication can assist, the major factor is your actions regarding diet and lifestyle. If you are pro-active in your pursuit of maintaining healthy blood sugar levels you have a good chance at managing your hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia without the need of medications.
In life there are ways
no one but you can pick the way
to an existence that is unseen